North Texas is definitely not known for its feature-rich topography. That’s why so many discerning house hunters seek out the upscale Bluffview area of Dallas. Its most well-known point (the “bluff view”) boasts a 50-ft. drop down to a tributary of Bachman Creek below, making the sights from this overlook prized by residents and visitors alike.
A leisurely walk or drive through the gently rolling hills of Bluffview (loosely bordered by Northwest Highway to the north, Inwood to the east, Lovers Lane to the south and Midway to the west), will delight anyone who might have given up on finding a distinctive lot or home in an otherwise cookie-cutter world. Some of the city’s finest and oldest architectural works are on display here, set against a backdrop of towering trees and crisscrossing creeks. You’ll find some of Dallas’ most stunning contemporary homes living in complete harmony with its most classic traditional estates.
Though from the inside it might feel like it’s a world away from everything, Bluffview is centrally-located and boasts many conveniences and benefits:
- Easy access to Love Field Airport, Preston Center and NorthPark shopping mall, plus major arteries like the Dallas North Tollway
- Lot sizes ranging from quarter-acre parcels to multi-acre estates, with a variety in between
- Numerous private schools are within just minutes
Shopping Near Bluffview
- Northpark Center - Northpark Center was developed in the 1960s by Dallas developer Raymond Nasher and its opening forever changed the retail world in Texas and the Southwest. Today, Northpark remains one of the top shopping destinations in Texas with tenants ranging from flagships such as Neiman Marcus, Barneys New York, and Nordstrom, to boutiques such as Apple, Cartier, and Valentino. Northpark is situated just east of Preston Hollow and north of the Park Cities.
Content © 2018 Erin Mathews. All rights reserved.
City of Dallas Resources
Nearby Private Schools
- The Hockaday School
- St. Mark's School of Texas
- Ursuline Academy
- Cistercian Preparatory School
- Episcopal School of Dallas
- Greenhill School