About the Town of Highland Park
Considered one of the country's most sought-after neighborhoods, the Town of Highland Park, Texas has an international reputation for the finest in residences, education, and city management. Highland Park, together with its next-door neighbor University Park, constitute the so-called Park Cities. Even before its incorporation in 1913, city fathers set out to create an oasis of residential living as the neighboring city of Dallas grew. Today, this 2.26-square-mile area on the outskirts of downtown Dallas boasts the names of individuals and families associated with Fortune 500 companies as well as historic legends. From newly relocated families to multi-generation "Parkies," their reason for living in Highland Park is simple: they demand the very best in their homes, surroundings and lifestyles.
Whether it's a multi-acre estate with tennis courts and indoor pools, or a simple 2,500-square-foot cottage with gourmet kitchen, real estate in Highland Park is in high demand and short on availability. Besides having one of the best locations in North Texas, Highland Park homes are known for being built with the finest professional teams and materials available while maintaining the integrity of the area.
To complement this manner of living, Highland Park has long placed great emphasis on the natural beauty of the area. From its inception, city fathers insisted that at least 20% of its developed land be dedicated to park space. Today, Highland Park's numerous manicured parks and the magnificent Turtle Creek, which runs through the town, provide a respite for its residents.
Besides this bucolic environment, Highland Park's reputation for excellence in education is known countrywide. The Highland Park Independent School District (HPISD) is consistently ranked as one of the top school districts in the nation. The emphasis that Highland Park residents have placed on the education has resulted in a public school system comparable to any private institution.
Within this island community, some of the country's finest establishments are available. From Highland Park Village with its tony boutiques, to one of the top-ranked school systems in Texas, Highland Park offers residents all necessities, luxuries, and everything in between.
Shopping and Landmarks
- Highland Park Village - Highland Park Village widely is recognized as the first shopping center in America. First opened in 1931, the Village was designed in a Spanish Mediterranean style and is home to high-end boutiques, restaurants, and a movie theater. Shopping destinations include Chanel, Hermes, Ralph Lauren, and Harry Winston.
- Plaza at Preston Center - Located just to the north of Highland Park in University Park, the Plaza at Preston Center is a local destination for restaurants, local boutiques, and national brands. Preston Centerís variety of storefronts includes Sprinkles Cupcakes, Bachendorfís jewelry, Houstonís, and Baskin Robbins.
Content © 2018 Mathews Nichols Group. All rights reserved.
Town of Highland Park Resources
Highland Park ISD
- Armstrong Elementary School
- Bradfield Elementary School
- Hyer Elementary School
- University Park Elementary School
- McCulloch Intermediate School
- Highland Park Middle School
- Highland Park High School
Nearby Private Schools
- The Hockaday School
- St. Mark's School of Texas
- Ursuline Academy
- Cistercian Preparatory School
- Episcopal School of Dallas
- Greenhill School
Our Current Listings in Highland Park
- 3617 Crescent AvenueHighland Park, TX 75205$14,950,0004 Beds / 5.3 Baths / 10,483sf. sqft
- 3609 Gillon AvenueHighland Park, TX 75205$8,595,0005 Beds / 5.3 Baths / 8727 sqft
- 3868 Potomac AvenueHighland Park, TX 75205$7,900,0004 Beds / 4.1 Baths / 5786 sqft
- 4311 Rheims Pl.Highland Park, TX 75205$6,700,000
- 3869 Potomac Ave.Highland Park, TX 75205$6,495,0006 Beds / 7.2 Baths / 8135 sqft
- Not in MLS3504 Lexington AvenueDallas, TX 75205$4,845,0004 Beds / 4.2 Baths / 6356 sqft
- 3826 Maplewood AvenueHighland Park, TX 75205$4,495,0004 Beds / 6.1 Baths / 8,508 sqft
- 4400 Beverly Dr.Highland Park, TX 75205$4,195,0004 Beds / 4.3 Baths / 7,444 sqft
- 4604 Fairfax Ave.Highland Park, TX 75209$1,195,0004 Beds / 3.1 Baths / 3,327 sqft